Monday, September 24, 2012

spontaneous combustion

When I began writing this blog approximately a year and a half ago, I had two goals:  One was to help stroke survivors in their recovery and keep it real and , only write what you would say to your audience if you were two feet away from them.
Yesterday, while sitting in Bob’s shop watching him construct a longhorn for a client, suddenly there was noise as loud as a rifle shot going off inches from my ear.   It shook us both because it was so loud, left me momentarily deaf in my left ear, and shook the ground beneath bob. It took about 30 minutes to figure out what it was---a tire blew on Bob’s gasoline-powered skateboard.  It just blew.
Last night as I was walking to the kitchen to get to bed, my left arm was flapping against my leg; it occurred to me in that second  that my arm will likely never work again.  It also occurred to me that may things may never work againsuch as my left- side vision and aility to drive.  Damn!
Ok, I just broke goal number two because I would never say this to my mother or mother-in-law but I needed it for effect and punctuation so please forgive me.
This is the first time in six years that I feel a little hopeless I just “blew” like the tire, it may just be a spontaneous random thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment