Monday, September 3, 2012

connections

I recently made an old and new connection. – Both are important to my recovery
The old connection is catching up with my college roommate.  Funny story, the other day I was parked in front of a nail shop with my sister-in-law.  While waiting to go in, I saw a young woman enter and said to myself:  “that girl has a cute butt and I like her outfit.”   Seconds later, out came my college roommate, Patty.  She exited the shop next door. We lived together while at UT in the ‘80s..  We also vowed to get together soon, which we did.   The new connection is my physical therapist, Casey.  I have worked with at least seven PTs since the stroke. Casey stands out because she challenges me each and every session.  It’s almost as if she has made me her personal challenge to improve my walking. Every session she comes up with something new to try –she thinks “outside the box”. I am fortunate to be working with Casey. Of course, I have to show improvement in order to continue to have therapy approved.  Rekindling relationships with those who knew me before and after the stroke is as important to me as a new relationship to the next step in mobility.

No comments:

Post a Comment