Saturday, June 21, 2014

It's about time


These were my sister’s words when she learned I rode my trike or the first time since we moved to Houston months ago.   It’s not that easy.   To make this happen his morning Bob had to bring my trike over to the condo.  He pump up the tires. Walk it down the hallway, put in elevator and walk it outside the parking garage of the condo.  He also solicited help from a good friend to ride in front and guard against traffic while Bob was my wing man.  We rode through our neighborhood to Hermann Park and two loops around the 2 mile track. We encountered lots of joggers and walkers and up and down sidewalks.  In Austin I never dealt with any of this so the support needs are far greater. We rode about 6 miles total and at the end stopped at a neighborhood coffee shop.  While sitting there, I reflected that I r felt as normal as I did before my stroke at that moment.  It was a thrilling sensation.

Now I have completed my 5 self-imposed pillars to get to independence:

While Bob will have to ride next to me for the next few time, we are headed in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment