Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Not in plain sight


I know, I know you’re tired of hearing how I lost half my brain during the stroke but every once in a while something happens that restores your confidence that you’re not losing your mind.   About a month ago I lost a box of earrings at Bob’s Moms house. It happened when I returned from Bob’s birthday party in Houston.  The box had 4 pair of earrings in it and they are the type that would be hard to replace, not because of their value but because of their style. I was certain I packed them and they made it to Austin but when I retuned I couldn’t find them.  Retracing every step was difficult because I went many places in preparation for the party.  I called or visited every place I went incuding the Houstonian, Neiman Marcus, Megabus, my parents, my driver, and my mother-in-laws's house, Bob’s shop twice, I even posted a reward at 2 places.  This is how special they were to me.  I knew in my heart I did not lose them but a month later I resigned that they were, in fact, gone.

I’m glad I followed my horoscope today.  It said “Don’t be too afraid to make the wrong choice. Wrong choices lead to right choices.”  Today I made the, in my opinion, wrong choice to return to Austin two days early vs. drive back with Bob.  This decision led me to unpack and when stowing my bag upside down and shaking it to fit in the cabinet, the earring box fell out.  So I guess I’m not losing my mind after all.  What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment