Thursday, January 3, 2013

Resolutions

They say greater than 90% of New Year resolutions made are not kept.  This is why many no longer make them.  I resisted until the last minute.  I finally decided on two, maybe three.  The first is stay out of my wheelchair all day, every day. I tend to rely on it too much and it becomes more of a habit than a necessity.  My second resolution is to improve my walking.  When I grocery shop. And walk behind the cart, my walking gait and speed is ideal.  I’m trying to emulate this on a regular basis.  These resolutions go hand-in-hand.  When I walk around the house, this entails walking with my cane up in the air so I can carry things.  The more I do this, the less I rely on my cane. My third resolution is to walk without the cane entirely by year-end. I really don’t need it and proved in therapy I can walk without it.  I just need the confidence and stamina to do this on a regular basis.
Today is day three of the New Year and so far I have not used the wheelchair as resolved.  I’ll report back regularly.  This is going to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment