Friday, November 6, 2015

"A Funny thing Happenedon The Way."

With Bob away, this morning I endeavored to make a new recipe my sister shared for coconut macaroons.

I do what I always do when baking, first prepped the ingredients. It calls for egg whites to be whipped.  I pulled out my mixer and when I tried turning it on, it didn’t work so I thought the outlet was dead so I tried another plug close by and still nothing. I pulled out another utensil and went to a plug far away and it worked so I moved the egg white mixture close to the plug that worked and mixed.  By this time I added the coconut and two other ingredients to my Kitchen Aid mixer. I turned it on to mix t and nothing.  Now I remembered Donna putting away an extension cord so I find this and try plugging it in to the good outlet.  But I find that the other end of the plug cannot accept a 3-prong plug.   I contemplate moving the kitchen Aid close to the good plug but this is not an option because it is too heavy.  So I do what any sane American girl would do in my situation – I call Bobby in Taos.  He helps me and I got the first batch baking and thinking to myself, whew!  No more drama. But not so fast I smell something burning and the cookies are baking too fast I realize I have the oven at 425 and it’s supposed to be 325.
So only one batch is ruined.  The moral of the story, “”don’t count your cookies before they’re batched.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment