Sunday, April 14, 2013

I get it



For  years Bob has said when we travel he has to think about getting himself ready, getting me ready and getting us ready; Consequently, the hassle factor can almost negate our ability to travel.

This past weekend I traveled to Houston via bus and finally get what Bob has been saying.

Just to get out the door I had to make sure the house was "show ready", remember to ask my assistant to put my luggage in the back of my car before she left so the cab driver didn’t have to come in the house to get my bags, and ask cab driver to close the garage door. I carried something to the car to add to my bag and realized I had never opened the trunk of my car because I don’t drive. In the process I dropped my cane three times and panicked because I was on an incline. By the time I got in the cab, I was exhausted. I instantly reflected on Bob's comment and pondered all he has done for us in the past.

...I liked this process because now I get it and knowI can and want to can do it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment