Friday, March 8, 2013

“Get back on that trike!”

My last blog elicited concern from family and friends but don’t worry. For some reason, I was surprisingly calm during and after the event.  I guess it means I'm getting used to these things and the panic is gone. Twenty-four hours after my brake failing incident, I went on another ride (Bob gave me the necessary troubleshooting measures from afar).  During this ride three neighbors unsolicited, pulled over just to say hi and to introduce themselves.  It was pure joy.  The trike is so unusual looking that people are curious and want to know more.  One new neighbor whom I had not yet met pulled over to introduce herself and thank me for the cookies I had delivered the previous day.  Her young daughter leaned out of the window to tell me how much she liked the cookies, which were packed for her school lunch that day.  I was overwhelmed with glee.  I have to admit my trepidation due to concern over the brakes. Bob will return to Austin for the weekend and I’m planning to ask him to shadow me on my route to allay my family’s fears.  My goals are 30 miles per week to reduce the atrophy in my legs. My vanity has no bounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment