Thursday, October 11, 2012

Remedies

There seems to be one remedy for every need.  Casey, my PT, could not comfortably approve more therapy because I had not shown enough improvement.  She put me on hold for two weeks instead of four months to give me time to work through my reticence for weight shifting. I think she was as concerned as I was to have such a big gap in my therapy – a remedy.   I start up again next week. And thanks to Bob’s coaching I’m hoping she will see some improvement.  Casey also works with me on the treadmill.  While on the treadmill, I look out the window and yearn to exercise outside.  Her remedy was to introduce me to Bob, her colleague; Bob is responsible for managing the use of a recumbent bike at the clinic.  Last Sunday, Bob delivered the bicycle to our home. He, along with my Bob, checked me out in it to make sure I didn’t crash and burn.  I put 4.8 miles on it on Monday and again today and absolutely love cycling outside. To get started, my Bob is behind me with a leash and easing me down the hill while I’m squeezing the brakes so tight because our driveway is so steep. I truly don’t have the words to describe how it feels to be outside riding a bicycle.  The freedom, the sun and wind in my face, and the dogs I have to dodge. There is a remedy – keep moving forward. 


No comments:

Post a Comment