Thursday, January 12, 2012

cooking one-handed in a two-handed world

Blog:   Cooking is a hobby of mine so I’m very grateful to still be able to do it despite the stroke.
My sister Rebecca made the recipe below over the holidays and last night I tried it for Bob.  This will sound simple and f trite but when I can conduct all activities around a meal by myself (with the exception of driving to the store), it is very rewarding. E.G., plan, shop for groceries, prepare and cleanup.
Bob said he enjoyed the meal particularly since he didn’t have to help. Afterwards I called my sister to update on my ability to make without any assistance.  We discussed that I should publish a cookbook of one-handed recipes; unfortunately, not a bestseller candidate. 
BAKED CHICKEN
You can substitute yogurt for the sour cream.
4 f chicken breasts
1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs* (*mix 1/2 cup bread or cracker crumbs with 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley, 1/4 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper)
2 to 3 tablespoons melted butter

Remove skin from chicken; coat each piece lightly with mustard. Put sour cream in a bowl and dip each piece in it, coat the chicken well. Dip chicken in bread crumbs and place without touching each other on the baking sheet. In a 375 degree oven bake for 20 minutes, then drip melted butter over each piece and return to oven for 25 more minutes or until golden brown and

No comments:

Post a Comment