Sunday, September 25, 2016

"noting ventured nothing gained" chapter 2

To date I have participated in 3 East End Sunday Farmers Markets with minimal success.  Minimal because even though we sold out of cookies, we did not make a profit; we did break even.  We are using the market as a test lab and so far I have learned, tying it to the 4Ps of marketing
Price: We initially had three different quantities and price points and now we only   sell a $5 with 6 regular cookies or $5 for12 mini rookies testing has proved this to be an acceptable price point and simple.
Placement: Our pop-up booth is often located close to other popular booths; In fact we were fortunate in our placement two weeks ago when customer invited me to participate in the grand opening of his motorcycle and coffee shop the following week which we did also with minimal success.
·        Position:  The best chocolate chip cookie in the East End – I continue to test the credibility of this.
·        Promotion: our only promotion is my sign an Facebook page  Facebook was used to invite customers to the coffee shop grand opening and it was standing room only or 3 hours
·         
·        The test lab also provides
·        -approximate quantities I need to bake each week
·         
·        Packaging:  we adjusted after 2 market tests to 6 vs 5 regular cookies per bag,
·        customers like “mini” food; hence the packaging adjustment
·        Recipe test customers really like my spicy cookies  as we coined them  “cookies with a kick” 
·        having samples is essential to selling; customers want to try the product

I stated in my previous blog that this venture helps put me on the track  to return to a  busy and meaningful life  the past couple of months were wonderfully busy and allowed for “dusting off” my marketing skills 

No comments:

Post a Comment