Saturday, April 9, 2016

Mix it up

My daily routine consists of morning coffee, breakfast, newspapers, email, errands, therapy, exercise, cooking, volunteer work, etc.  When I have an opportunity “to step out” of my comfort zone, I immediately jump on it. This was the case recently when I tagged along with Bob to drive to Austin to accompany him on a few appointments. We delivered a piece of furniture contracted by one of my friends.   It also was one of my best friend’s birthdays and we were able to go to lunch. I believe it is important to mix up my routine. The plan required that I get up early, shower, sit for an extended period in a car, walk in unfamiliar territory more than I do when at home, socialize (which I think is always important) and maintain my close friendships in Austin.   As I was leaving, my friend said to me:  “Thanks for making the effort.”  That said it all and meant the world to me.  My new mantra:   Mix it up and often!

No comments:

Post a Comment