Friday, August 22, 2014

Its their turn

I landed in Singapore in 1983 at the age of 25. Bob dropped me at a hotel and took off for Hong Kong, Manila and Taipei. He was gone for two weeks and I had never been past Acapulco. Here I was in a strange city and I knew no one. I carved my path from there.

I'm having a lot of fun watching the next generation figure out their future. They have the next 25 years plus to discover who they are and what they're going to be. It’s pretty neat to see their choices. For example, my niece just got married and is starting her new life in Dallas; my nephew got married in a private ceremony and is living in Austin; another niece just moved to New York to live and start a business; two nieces are in Austin in graduate programs; nephews all over the U.S. starting their careers; one is a guitar performance artist. I find myself not wishing I was in my 20’sagain but musing about their life ahead and choices, hoping they find the happiness and fulfillment that I did.   Their paths motivate me to look at the opportunities ahead and consider my next moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment