Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Resolve

During my trike rides I generally deliberate about many things.   For example I might practice my Spanish reflexive verbs.  Today, however, I mused for ten miles what it might be like to be “normal” again. I am not certain that “muse” is the correct word. If I could pick between the following:
1.       Restoring my left-peripheral vision so I could drive and work
2.      Using my left arm to do push-ups, pull-ups, write, etc.
3.      Having my left leg work without a prosthesis so I could wear dresses and regular shoes with heels, dance and generally show that I have legs. (What made me think of this was watching PitBull perform with backup dancers on TV last night.)
I came to the conclusion during my ride that above all, I want my vision back.  It is a tough call between this and being able to give Bob a two-armed hug again. Having said all this and in honor of today, I resolve to focus on things I can do. Tom and Bob have me “musing” on a trike ride across Texas. Happy New Year to all and here’s to musing on your resolutions for 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment