Tuesday, May 14, 2013

on the horizon

This past weekend was another “reset “with Bobs visit. We barely had 22 hours together and we packed a lot in including spending Saturday evening meeting a new neighbor that wants to commission a piece from Bob and buy one of his existing pieces.   Bob ensures my trike is properly maintained and handles all the necessary outside work to keep the house nice for showing.  Sometimes the visits are difficult because they are so short but I take what I can get. 

We will be apart these next few weeks more than normal due to respective travel plans.  Bob encourages me to travel and do new things.  Having something to look forward to keeps me focused and motivated. And I relish alone times. To that end, I started taking an online art history course. I also am looking forward to planning and attending Bob’s upcoming birthday party and visiting my sister in Las Vegas.  Earlier this month I was asked to give a speech to 30 UT graduate students who are studying to work with brain injured patients with speech issues.  It was motivating to prepare and anticipate their questions.  

Travel to and from Houston is made possible thanks to Mega bus and a $5 ticket.  While bus travel is challenging for an individual with a disability, the challenges are workable and make me stronger.

My point is, if you can, always have something on the horizon.  The planning is as motivating as the event itself. Everyone needs to have something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment