Thursday, May 31, 2012

Kindnesss at any age

 
I learned something this week that can be   useful to we stroke survivors – never underestimate the kindness of strangers.  Bob and I went to Best Buy to purchase a portable docking station so I can listen to music all over the house and outside while swimming. While there I had to go to the bathroom and the door was fairly heavy could push it open but not hold it open.  A young boy was standing right by the door and I asked him if he could hold the door open for me.  He did.  He was really handsome and about 7 years old.  When I exited the same boy wasstill  there waiting for me.  His mother said: 
“he wanted to wait.” He instinctively knew I would need help again and waited for me.  I was overwhelmed at his kindness at such a young age and exclaimed to him and his mother.  At times I don’t want the help but when it comes I am always glad to accept it.      
 

1 comment:

  1. Annie this post is very memorable, I have been back to read it a few times. You paint a clear picture with your words. I hear you, Annie, so clearly, and I can just see that boy, waiting. I think all children are kind - I wish I were as kind as that boy all the time. I will henceforth aspire to it.

    ReplyDelete