Sunday, February 19, 2012

Friends - "Youve got to have them"


One of my favorite artists of all time is Bette midler and one of my favorite songs she performs is called Friends.   She repeats this lyric “Well you got to have friends.”  Throughout her song for me it could not be more appropriate A few examples:

When I was in the hospital, Bob blogged about buying me therapy clothes when I first began physical therapy within days, my friend Sandra and sister, Suzie sent boxes of therapy clothes. They wanted to be certain that bobs taste in selecting therapy clothes was congruent with my taste.
When I was close to leaving the hospital, I was not eating and bob blogged about this and my love of malted milk balls.  Every time someone visited subsequent to that blog they showed up with malted milk balls.  Specifically, my friend, Mary visited from Connecticut and showed up with malted milk balls.

My sister-in-law Laura made countless home cooked meals to try to get me to eat since hospital food was not working.  Laura is a gourmet and her meals ranged from gumbo to biscuits to oups.  Yum! 
A few weeks ago I blogged about making pancakes and the difficulty of zesting a lemon with one hand.  Within 1 day, my friend Terry found a one-handed zester.

I was talking with my sister-in-law, Elizabeth about all this and she suggested I mention how much I like Tory Burch handbags or Isaac Mizrahi clothing.  I think in the future I have to be more careful because the generosity and thoughtfulness of friends is overwhelming at times for example for Valentine’s Day, Bob gave me a very beautiful, exquisite Labradorite necklace.  Fortunately for me the “friends” theme extends to my husband. Invariably, I am leaving someone out so   A heartfelt thank you to all my friends and family for their ongoing thoughtfulness.

1 comment:

  1. Annie what a sweet blog post for your friends to read! Labradorite is amazing, what a unique gift. You are only receiving the friendship you've already extended to the rest of us, and who are happy to return the favor :-)

    ReplyDelete